Sunday, October 2, 2011

Trudy McGuire Is On The Hunt in Morgan County

I wanted to share a fine email that I receive last week from Trudy McGuire. She has been helping with working on the Jameson line back in Morgan County and the areas around. She talks about a number of descendants of William H. and Mary Jane (Shuster) Jameson. Mainly in regards to the children of Elza Elmer and Margaret May (Kysor) Jameson from the Zanesville area.

 
Jameson/Vorhies Family (Pictures of Headstones)
 
Hi Skip,
 
I finally made a trip to a few Cemeteries in Morgan County today. 
 
Attached (I hope), are a few pictures. I found the Wm H Jameson headstone in the Pennsville Cemetery, Nellie & Arthur Vorhies is located in McConnelsville Cemetary and my Uncle Elza (Mom's brother) & Laura Vorhies is located in Pisgah Cemetery. I hope to check out the Oak Grove location you mentioned and have a couple others in Morgan and Noble Counties and one in Bristol Township. I was unable to locate great grandmother Mary J Scott. I am pretty sure I have seen it but may have to ask some of my older cousins for assistance. Also, due to the headstones facing West, some of the older ones are almost unreadable. On the bottom of William's, I could make out 59y 2mo 8dys but there is some 'script' beneath that. I could not read it but perhaps with a rubbing, I could. I have never done a rubbing, so not sure if there is special paper and chalk for the process. Do you know? No other wording on William's stone and no family around it that I could see.
 
I still want to visit the Oak Grove Cemetery you mentioned and there are a couple others I want to check out. One is in Young Hickory and the other is Rosehill or Rose Hill in Muskingum County. My Great Uncle Elza (Aunt May) Jameson are in Rosehill. I met two of his children (at least remember them) Dick and Helen. I went to Delmer's funeral with my Mom and Uncle Roy but other than that, never met him. Dick has a Son that lives in Dublin, OH. I met him at the Funeral Home when Aunt May passed away. Uncle Elza worked in Pottery for about 40 years and Crocheted for a hobby. I found through Ancestry.com, an article and picture of him in the Zanesville Times Recorder (Newspaper). It was about his Crocheting. He said he was taught to do this by his Mother!!
 
Skip, I will write more later and include info about my family. Hope you can open these pictures.  
Cousin Trudy 
 
 
 
 
 
The Grave of William H. Jameson: Pennsville Cemetery, Penn Township, Morgan County, Ohio; courtesy of Trudy McGuire
 
 
 
 
 
The Grave of Nellie Melvina (Jameson) and Arthur Presley Vorhies: McConnelsville Cemetery, McConnelsville, Morgan County, Ohio; courtesy of Trudy McGuire
 
 
 
 
 
Grave of Elza Herbert and Adda Laura (Dailey) Vorhies: Pisgah Cemetery, McConnelsville, Morgan County, Ohio; courtesy of Trudy McGuire

No comments:

Post a Comment