Thursday, February 24, 2011

Welcome Aboard Tom Jameson, And The Blog Thus Far

Just a short posting today. I have not posted any new messages since last weekend. I have been in the process of doing some research on my next two much larger stories. One, on a number of Jameson children who died in their youth and the other on Mary E. (Sears) Jameson and her relationship with her brother, Ansley B. Sears. I hope to have the stories online by the end of the weekend, so stay toned.

I just wanted to take a quick minute to announce a gentleman that I am very excited to have as a team member and part of this blog. Tom Jameson, my grandfather's 1st cousin and closes living relative that still carries the Jameson name of our direct line of Jameson's. Tom is a great genealogist and a very good guy. I look forward to working with you and having your input on the Jameson's. Tom is the son of Robert Berg Jameson, the third brother on the right of the picture on the cover page. Welcome aboard Tom, I look forward to your input.

The blog so far is quickly building within the number of views. I've noticed it's received a large number of hits mainly from the USA, but also a number of views from the UK and Australia. I hope the hits might be from a number of distant Jameson's from way-way back. Feel free to comment or contact me. I will continue to advertise the site and welcome anyone who might be interested. I found online a number of Jameson descendants from my line I will be writing and inviting to join. To everyone out there, thanks for all the views and those who are following the site.

Pete Traggorth

4 comments:

  1. Tom, what relation does that make us? Is it 3rd cousins or 1st cousins 2 time removed?

    Skip

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to Family Tree Maker we are 1st cousins 2X removed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, your grandfather, Dick Jameson, has three living 1st cousins - Rosemary Hebert, myself, and my sister Nancy Edminster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, in fact I found out just this winter that Ralph Edminster had passed away while do my research. I had known that Nancy and him had been divorced for a number of years now. I told my grandmother when she was up here during Christmas. She was very upset to hear the news. She said he was one of the most intelligent men she had every met in her life.

    ReplyDelete