Monday, February 21, 2011

Some Great Jameson Humor!

If there is anything that the Jameson's should be remembered for, it's their sense of humor. My grandfather, could make you laugh, at anytime, no matter what the situation was. It's definitely a trait that has been passed down and continues to be passed down. I have trouble disciplining my three year old without braking a smile and a daily basis. Taking in to account, I'm a former infantry Marine. While in the Marine Corps, I made an art form out of getting into my Marines rear-ends (to say it nice). Some of the things my three year comes up with, can only be blamed on his genes! -by the way, that's my boy ('Little Dick, named after his great-grandpa, 'Big Dick', and yes, that would have made him slap his own knee in laughter over that one) at the bottom of the blog cover page.


   FREDERICK BERTRAM JAMESON, AN EARLY FORM OF JUDGE JUDY  



Fred Jameson is somewhat of a legend within the family. My grandfather has told me his story since I was a little boy. Now, my grandfather could tell a whopper of a story from time-to-time, but I'm starting to think this one might be true. The story goes like this:

Around the turn of the 20th century his great-uncle Frederick Bertram Jameson, moved out to Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California. Fred had been divorced and had recently got a college education. Long Beach, being a young city at the time, had a lack of college educated people to take the upper echelon jobs. So when Fred moved to California, he took on a job as a local judge. Well, being an animal lover, Fred took in a orphaned mountain lion as his pet. The bobcat and Fred became best of friends. Being to the extent, that Fred would take is bobcat to work with him. The mountain lion would sit next to 'Old Uncle Fred' as he sat on the bench and officiated over legal cases. -Talk about being scared to appear in front of the judge. God help anyone that might be found in contempt of court!
-Oh, by the way, the mountain lion had a fluffy name, it's full name was something like, Mr. Truffy Kittenplaws...


SOME CHURCH HUMOR

published August 25, 1903; The Watchword; Dayton, Ohio


I've been told an number of things about my great-great grandfather, Rev. Carl Woodward Jameson. He was a large man, who loved to hunt and play sports. Above that, he was a life long minister, who devoted his life to the church. He was ordained in the Brethren faith first, then converting to the Methodist faith. He perched his hole life all across the Ohio valley. Well, recently I receive a box of old pictures and newspaper clippings from my grandmother. Included was this picture and story from a 1903 church newspaper. Yes, the humor is not exactly politically correct for now-a-days. But who doesn't find midgets (or little people, like they liked to be called now-a-days) still funny...


THE JACK PAAR CONNECTION

Jack Paar in his hey-day

Anyone remember Jack Paar. I've been hearing story's of Mr. Paar all my life. Yes, the same Jack Paar that hosted NBC's Tonight Show in the late 1950's. And Yes, the same Jack Paar widely considered one the greatest comedians of his day. Jack Paar was born in Canton, Stark County, Ohio in 1918. As a young boy, Jack Parr's family moved down the street from my great grandparents, Hugh Edward and Florence Opal (Mark) Jameson in Jackson, Jackson County, Michigan. Jack, was a couple years older then my grandfather, Richard Lee Jameson. Thou, they were good boyhood friends. From what I've been told, they used to get into trouble together. It's never been clear who was the main trouble maker of the two. Thou, my great-grandmother, who never said a bad thing about anyone, has been quoted as say "Jack Paar was not a very good boy". Now, I knew my grandfather very well, it could have gone either way...


-Sorry if the raunchness of this blog has offened anyone. I must say, you never have known a Jameson if you could not laugh at a raunchy fart joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment